Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Is it possible to get formulas to equal certain object values in E

So I have a combo box with 11 values in it, I would like a formula to use the
value of the combo box, so lets say, if the value box was "cat" then the
formula would act as if it were using cat in the formula...

Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi!

You can link the combobox to a cell and then base the formula on that linked
cell.

The linked cell will display the NUMBER of the selection. For example,
suppose your cb contains these items:

dog
pig
cat
frog

If you select cat from the cb the linked cell will return 3 because cat is
the third item in the list. If you select dog the linked cell will return 1.

What do you want to do with your formula?

Biff