Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Advanced Find and Replace Question

I have a spreadsheet that includes ditto marks in several cells as a
way to make it more "readable". I need to dump this into Access so I
need to get rid of the ditto marks. My question is, how do I get excel
to replace all ditto marks with the value of the cell directly above
it? When I go to "Find and Replace" it wants me to enter the actual
value, but this value will change according to the value of the cell
directly above it.

Thanks!

Ryan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Do you have any blank cells in the range covered by the ditto marks? If
so, then highlight the range and do Find & Replace to change the blanks
say to "xyz" (this is only a temporary measure).

With the range highlighted, then do Find & Replace to change the ditto
marks to a blank.

Then press F5 (GoTo) and click Special then Blanks - this should
highlight all the cells which used to have the ditto marks in them. In
the active cell, type in the equals sign then click on the cell
immediately above this and do CTRL-ENTER. This should copy the formula
into all the highlighted cells.

Then you just need to change "xyz" back to blanks using Find & Replace
once more.

Hope this helps.

Pete