Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default varible table not

OK I am giving up on the varible tale array. So I will make 20 tables.
Now, how can I direct the VLOOKUP to the correct table without using 20
if()'s?

--
spxer
spxer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37025

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can make use of the INDIRECT function. If your tables are named in
some regular way, (eg table_a, table_b, table_c etc), then you should
be able to compute the table you look at. Presumably there would be
some condition to choose the appropriate table?

Hope this helps.

Pete

spxer wrote:
OK I am giving up on the varible tale array. So I will make 20 tables.
Now, how can I direct the VLOOKUP to the correct table without using 20
if()'s?

--
spxer
spxer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37025
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=568347

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I tried INDIRECT() as suggested by daddylonglegs, but I could not get it
to work. I will try, try again. Thanks