Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default IF Function with < &

I'm having trouble getting the If function to work...

A B
1.5 10
4 3

If 2A<1, then (A-1)*B
If not, then B

So the result for row1 above should be 5 ((1.5-1)*10) and row2 should
be 3 (3).

The following did not work:
=IF(2A1, (A-1)*B,B)

Neither did:
=IF(A<2,(A-1)*B,IF(A1,B))

Thanks for the help!!!

--
acebrown
acebrown's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36640

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(AND(A11,A1<2),(A1-1)*B1,B1)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"acebrown" wrote in message

| I'm having trouble getting the If function to work...
|
| A B
| 1.5 10
| 4 3
|
| If 2A<1, then (A-1)*B
| If not, then B
|
| So the result for row1 above should be 5 ((1.5-1)*10) and row2 should
| be 3 (3).
|
| The following did not work:
| =IF(2A1, (A-1)*B,B)
|
| Neither did:
| =IF(A<2,(A-1)*B,IF(A1,B))
|
| Thanks for the help!!!
|

| --
| acebrown
| acebrown's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36640
| View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=568085

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You need to do it like this:

=if(and(condition1,condition2),then,else)

/Møller

--
c991257
c991257's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36549

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(AND(A1,A<2),(A-1)*B,B)

Regards

Trevor

"acebrown" wrote in
message ...

I'm having trouble getting the If function to work...

A B
1.5 10
4 3

If 2A<1, then (A-1)*B
If not, then B

So the result for row1 above should be 5 ((1.5-1)*10) and row2 should
be 3 (3).

The following did not work:
=IF(2A1, (A-1)*B,B)

Neither did:
=IF(A<2,(A-1)*B,IF(A1,B))

Thanks for the help!!!

--
acebrown
acebrown's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=568085

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

thank you kindly!

--
acebrown
acebrown's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36640
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=568085

Creating a Custom Excel Function to Calculate Gini Coefficients [email protected] Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 21st 06 10:15 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Hyperlinks using R[1]C[1] and offset function in its cell referenc Elijah-Dadda Excel Worksheet Functions 0 March 5th 05 03:31 AM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 02:29 PM
HOW CAN I GET OFFICE 2003 EXCEL BASIC TO NEST FUNCTIONS LIKE EXCE. Robert AS Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 2nd 04 10:49 AM