Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
cyc cyc is offline

Default Selecting data

Hi, new here.

I'm hoping some of you can help me out on this problem i have.

I have one summary worksheet displaying data from 10 other worksheets.
The summary will display daily stock movements. The other 10 worksheets
containing the individual part's daily movement.

The problem i have is: how do I select the data of the day i want from
each of the 10 worksheets to be displayed in the summary worksheet?

Eg. Today's (3/8/2006) Part A movement is selected and displayed in the
summary. Tomorrow, Part A movement is again selected and displayed in
the summary. Difference though is that in the individual part
worksheet, data from 3/8/2006 and subsequently must be retained.

Thanks a whole lot.

--
cyc
cyc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=37047

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use VLOOKUP formulas to extract the correct information from the various sheets onto the summary
sheet. Key the VLOOKUP to the date.

For example, if this table is on sheet1, columns A and B:

Date Value
1/8/2006 100
2/8/2006 101
3/8/2006 102

use

=VLOOKUP(TODAY(),Sheet1!A:B,2,FALSE) to return 102

and for the other sheets:

=VLOOKUP(TODAY(),Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE)
=VLOOKUP(TODAY(),Sheet3!A:B,2,FALSE)
=VLOOKUP(TODAY(),Sheet4!A:B,2,FALSE)