Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default COUNT

How do I count cells with numbers 1 and greater. My cells are counting the
-. All my cells are showing the - (zero value) but are being counted. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

By not posting your formula, you don't give us anything to correct.

Try this:

For a range of numbers in A1:A100

This formula returns the count of cell values greater than 1:
B1: =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"1")

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Christina Bachman" wrote:

How do I count cells with numbers 1 and greater. My cells are counting the
-. All my cells are showing the - (zero value) but are being counted. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hi Christina,

=contif(a2:a1000,"=1")

hth
regards from Brazil
Marcelo

"Christina Bachman" escreveu:

How do I count cells with numbers 1 and greater. My cells are counting the
-. All my cells are showing the - (zero value) but are being counted. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=countif(A1:A100,"0") if numbers can be decimal and less than 1 e.g 0.56

Or

=countif(A1:A100,"=1")

HTH

"Christina Bachman" wrote:

How do I count cells with numbers 1 and greater. My cells are counting the
-. All my cells are showing the - (zero value) but are being counted. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

OOPs....you wanted 1 inclusive:

=COUNTIF(A1:A100,"=1")

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Christina Bachman" wrote:

How do I count cells with numbers 1 and greater. My cells are counting the
-. All my cells are showing the - (zero value) but are being counted. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It is close but it adding an addition 1, i.e. the count should be 10 but
gives me 11.

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

OOPs....you wanted 1 inclusive:

=COUNTIF(A1:A100,"=1")

Does that help?
***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP

"Christina Bachman" wrote:

How do I count cells with numbers 1 and greater. My cells are counting the
-. All my cells are showing the - (zero value) but are being counted. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Marcelo,
It is close to working but it adding an additional 1, i.e. the count
should be 11 but it shows 12. Thanks