Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Trim

Hello from Steved

I would like to trim B0101 to 101 please.

I know how to do it but right now I just cannot remember how.

Thankyou.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

either

=RIGHT(A1,3)

or

=MID(A1,3,3)

where A1 is B0101

--
Kind Regards,
Will Riley

"Steved" wrote:

Hello from Steved

I would like to trim B0101 to 101 please.

I know how to do it but right now I just cannot remember how.

Thankyou.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=RIGHT(A1,3)

VBA Noob

--
VBA Noob
VBA Noob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33833

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It's hard to tell your intent from one example

what happens if you have B00001?

Perhaps

=REPLACE(A1,1,1,"")+0

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thankyou Will.

"WillR" wrote:

either

=RIGHT(A1,3)

or

=MID(A1,3,3)

where A1 is B0101

--
Kind Regards,
Will Riley

"Steved" wrote:

Hello from Steved

I would like to trim B0101 to 101 please.

I know how to do it but right now I just cannot remember how.

Thankyou.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hello daddylongles from Steved

I thankyou for your formula as I can have B0027 which Leave 27 and B0127
will leave
127.

Cheers.

"daddylonglegs" wrote:

It's hard to tell your intent from one example

what happens if you have B00001?

Perhaps

=REPLACE(A1,1,1,"")+0

--