Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default advanced search

i am trying to make a search on excel that will show a certain amount of
cells with a minimum value. instead of going row by row and select the cells
that have at least the amount i am looking for, can i use a function that
will help me do it faster and more efficiently?
i wouldn't mind search row by row but considering how big my spreadsheet is,
it will take me hours to find what i'm looking for. can anyone help me?
Your help will be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are you looking for something like the "Small" Function that returns
the Nth smallest number?
=Small(A1:A10,2)
Second Smallest number in A1 to A10

Die_Another_Day
izzo wrote:
i am trying to make a search on excel that will show a certain amount of
cells with a minimum value. instead of going row by row and select the cells
that have at least the amount i am looking for, can i use a function that
will help me do it faster and more efficiently?
i wouldn't mind search row by row but considering how big my spreadsheet is,
it will take me hours to find what i'm looking for. can anyone help me?
Your help will be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How about AutoFilter?

Selection.AutoFilter
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=ColumnNumerHere, Criteria1:="2000"

Die_Another_Day