Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default help today and how long since day X?

I am trying to create a training database with Date entered
training/today's date and how long they have been in training.

The first day is something that is a set day, but I would like it to
auto update the next two fields so the people that have to fill the the
sheet out only have to plug it in once. The people are lazy and I dont
trust them to update this as often as I need and dont have time to
double check it before the meeting.

Is this posible or will I have to beat my aps in to submission?

--
bumble78
bumble78's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36373

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I think this is what you want... :)

Use =TODAY()

|Filename: no of days.zip |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=5123 |

teelim

teelim's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36856
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=566099

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

In cell A you could have your typed in date
In cell b you could have the function =TODAY()
In cell c you could have the formula =B1-A1
(first make sure cell c is formatted to number, no decimals)

This would subtract the date entered from todays date thus telling you how
many days between today and the date entered. Is that the kind of thing you
are looking for?

"bumble78" wrote:

I am trying to create a training database with Date entered
training/today's date and how long they have been in training.

The first day is something that is a set day, but I would like it to
auto update the next two fields so the people that have to fill the the
sheet out only have to plug it in once. The people are lazy and I dont
trust them to update this as often as I need and dont have time to
double check it before the meeting.

Is this posible or will I have to beat my aps in to submission?

--
bumble78
bumble78's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36373
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=566099

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sweet thanks,

Some times I just cant seem to find the right formula with the search.

--
bumble78
bumble78's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36373
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=566099

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

There is also the Datedif function, wghich you will not find explained
anywhere except XL2000... here is a link to a description of it. It is kinda
handy in a lot of cases...

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm
--
HTH...