Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Weekday

Hello - im having trouble trying to do something.
I have a worksheet and in cell A1 i type Sunday. I want cell B1 to add
five days on and return the day name.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

--
LB79
LB79's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=12156

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not that I'm aware of.

A1: Enter the DATE of a Sunday (such as 7/23/2006) and format it to "dddd"
B1: =A1+5 ... also format to "dddd"

HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"LB79" wrote:

Hello - im having trouble trying to do something.
I have a worksheet and in cell A1 i type Sunday. I want cell B1 to add
five days on and return the day name.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

--
LB79
LB79's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=12156
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=565967

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Somewhere in the workbook, enter a list of weekdays, starting with
Sunday (cells E1:E7 in this example)
In cell B1, enter the formula:

=TEXT(MATCH(A1,$E$1:$E$7,0)+5,"ddd")

LB79 wrote:
Hello - im having trouble trying to do something.
I have a worksheet and in cell A1 i type Sunday. I want cell B1 to add
five days on and return the day name.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

--