Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default =INFO("Type_text")

I appreciate that =INFO("directory") displays the Path of the current
directory or folder.

Is there a similar function to display the user/author or last saved by
information. I cannot find the required - Type_text

The reason being

I have set up a simple spreadsheet to log user changes to a particular
process over time. I.e. Everytime changes are made to the remote process they
are expected to log them in the spreadsheet.

I have a series of Command Buttons with macros assigned to help me search
through the document, time stamp it to log date of changes but was hoping to
add a button that would stamp the name of the user (i.e the person making the
changes). I thought this would be easy but struggling to find the required
terminology for user, author or even last saved by.

Can anyone help. I appreciate that this is sort of twop questions in one but
would be greatful of any help.

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't think that there's an inbuilt function that will do this but if
you paste this code in, you'll be able to reference it in your
workbook:

Function GetWorkbookSavedInfo()
Dim LastSavedTime, LastSavedBy
LastSavedBy = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties.Item(7).V alue
LastSavedTime = ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties.Item(12). Name
& " " & ActiveWorkbook.BuiltinDocumentProperties.Item(12). Value

GetWorkbookSavedInfo = LastSavedTime & " by " & LastSavedBy
End Function

now in your workbook, type:
=GetWorkbookSavedInfo()

FunkySquid