Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Searching numbers in Worksheet?

In my Worksheet I have 80 columns (80) numbers with over 100 rows.
All numbers are mixed.
I picked 20 numbers and mixed them using a special algorithm.
My conditional formating formula picks(marks) 20 numbers in each row.
I have divided the worksheet in to 2 even parts (40 numbers/columns in
each side).
I would like to find a formating formula that would tell me at the end
of each row haw many numbers is in each half of my worksheet. How many
numbers in first 40 columns and how many in second half.
Is it possible?
If you need more explanations please let me know.
Thanks in advance for your help.
John

--
Johncobb45
Johncobb45's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=16582

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Did you try COUNT?
=COUNT(Range1,Range2,Range3... through to Range30)
This function counts the number of numeric entries in a list.
It will ignore blanks, text and errors.

Please explain more precise what exactly you want to count?

--
pvanrooijen
pvanrooijen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26090

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have just read your post again.
Now I think I understand, you cannot use COUNT for this.
What is the 'condition' for your conditional formatting?

Regards
Atmaram

--
pvanrooijen
pvanrooijen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26090
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=565738

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

pvanrooijen Wrote:
I have just read your post again.
Now I think I understand, you cannot use COUNT for this.
What is the 'condition' for your conditional formatting?

Regards
Atmaram

Hi Atmaran,
Thanks for your reply.
The conditional formating is: =MATCH(A1,$CC$1:$CC$20,0)
I want to know if it is possible to make conditional formating or using
other method to show me how many numbers that I have picked is in first
40 cells and how many numbers is in second lot of 40 cells in the same
row.
There are over 100 rows.
If you want I can send you via email my worksheet so you can view it
and understand what exactly I need.
Thanks for your help.
John