Phil

Default Using date to generate new workbook

Sorry, I posted this to new users as well.

I have a worksheet containing sales data and hours worked for several
employees for a period of one month. the names of the employees and the codes
for the products sold remain unchanged from month to month. The sales data
for each employee is entered each day by the manager of the store. I want to
create a macro that will at the start of every month:

1. automatically save the previous month's workbook

2. create a new workbook with the only the fields for the rostered hours per
employee and quantity of items sold left blank for data entry throughout the
month.

Could someone please point me in the right direction.

Bob Phillips

Phil,

Start off by going through those actions and recording a macro of it. Look
at the code and modify the static bits to variables (e.g. the dates will be
fixed, whereas you will want them to be dynamic). Any bits you have problems
with, post again with that problem explained de.

--

HTH

RP