Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
B G B G is offline

Default IF maximums

this is reposted.

I am not having much luck with that - I'm wondering if it would be easier to
do something like this

4 of the Cells in column B are = to $34, could I do a formula that basically
says:

If cell C11=BR or FW or NE or HI, then multiply cell B3*C13*C9.

This would elimiate the need for more than 7 IF statements, as 4 of the 10
would be included in the statement above.

I'm getting there, slowly - thanks for your help.
--

"Excelenator" wrote:

You can actually nest many more than 7 if statements if you use named
formulas. The first thing you have to do is take your current formula
and copy it from the formula bar. Go to Insert\Name\Define and type in
a formula name (I used IFOne) and then paste in your formula in the
Refers to: box replacing the cell reference and then click OK. Once
that is done, create the formula for all the other IF scenarios that
you have and name them in succession (i.e. IFTwo, IFThree etc.) like
you did above. Then in the cell you want the formulas to appear enter
the following IF statement:

IF(IFOne,IFOne,IF(IFTwo,IFTwo,IF(IFThree,IFThree,0 )))

The example above will allow you to nest 21 if statements!

--
Excelenator

Excelenator's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36768
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=565179

--
Barb
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use this formula

Code:
--------------------
IF(OR(C11="BR",C11="FW,C11="NE,C11="HI"),B3*C13*C9 , [condition if false here most likely the other if statements])
--------------------

"Excelenator" wrote:

[...]

View this thread:

Barb

--
Excelenator

Excelenator's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36768
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=565270

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
B G B G is offline

OK - so if I put in just the formula you wrote - that works, but now what if
I want to include the other cell value possibilities; i.e., BL=30.50;
EP=32.50; ER=38.75 ; these amounts will vary which is why I had the amounts
in before as a cell (BL=B3 which equalled 30.50.

=IF(OR(C11="BR",C11="FW",C11="HI",C11="NE"),34*C13 *C9),IF(C11="BL",B3*C13*C9,IF(C11="EP",B5*C13*C9))

This is what I put in - but it brings back #VALUE!
--
Barb

"Excelenator" wrote:

Use this formula