Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Getting the value of the Minimum Date

Hey there,

Got this problem, I have a table setup as

Week of month Date Date Month
week1 01/08/2006 Aug-06
week1 02/08/2006 Aug-06
week1 03/08/2006 Aug-06
week1 04/08/2006 Aug-06
week2 07/08/2006 Aug-06
week2 08/08/2006 Aug-06
week2 09/08/2006 Aug-06
week2 10/08/2006 Aug-06
week2 11/08/2006 Aug-06
week3 14/08/2006 Aug-06
week3 15/08/2006 Aug-06
week3 16/08/2006 Aug-06
week3 17/08/2006 Aug-06

I am trying to get a function that will use a list formatted as above and
give me the beginning date and ending date for each week of a particular
month. Using the sample table above, the function must be such that if I
input week1 and Aug-06 it would automatically generate the values 01/08/06
and 04//08/06.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=MIN(IF((A2:A20="week1")*(C2:C20="06-Aug"),B2:B20))

which is an array formula, it should be committed with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, not
just Enter.

ans similarly for MAX

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Kurt" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks Bob,
But the formula did not work. I was wondering if I cant use a DMIN
function. Please advise.

Kurt