Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I keep the 0 at the beginning of my order? (098523)

I am doing a order form and when I enter the oder number if it starts with
"0" after I have entered it and go to the next order it delets the "0"
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Either preformat the cell as Text (Format|cells|Number tab)

or start your entry with an apostrophe: '098523

Or even give that cell a custom format of: 000000

The first two will treat the value as text. The last one keeps the value as a
number.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Three ways

1) Format the cell as text
2) Enter ' before the number
3) Enter the text with a space lile a mobile number 07753 666 111

All three ways converts the number to text

VBA noob

--
VBA Noob
VBA Noob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33833