Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Color of text/Data in a Cell

I have two column totals that are formatted in Time:
=SUMIF(D2:D30,"Him",C2:C30) and =SUMIF(D2:D30,"Me",C2:C30) I want to subtract
"Him" Totals from "Me" totals and show the results as either a positve time
in Black or a Negitive Time in Red? The Formula I have now for that cell is
as follows: =TEXT(ABS(E31-F31),"h:mm")
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You have two options

1. Use conditional formatting and select "formula is" and use the following
formula

=$E$31<$F$31

click "format" and go to the "font" tab and change the font color to red.

2. If you change the dating system ot the 1904 Date System
(tools-options-calculation) you will be able to handle negative times. You
can then use the formula

=E31-F31

and use the custom format of

h:mm;[Red]h:mm