Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Pasting HTML into the cells in column A

Hi All

I'm trying to paste some HTML code from Front Page into the cells in
column A.

I copy the code in Front Page into Word. I copy this and highlight A1 in
excel. Then I open Paste Special and use copy HTML. I don't want Excel
to act on the code , just treat it as text. This is where the problem is
: the lines don't all go into column A , some go as far across as J! How
can I get them to only go down the rows in column A?

The HTML is stepped in shape and maybe that's the cause. I've tried left
justifying to no avail. I've been trying to paste this down the rows
exclusively in A for a long time now and am out of ideas now - can
anyone help? All appreciated.

Best Wishes

Colin
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CIL CIL is offline

Good evening,
Not a very scientific answer and I don't know how or why it works but I on
occasion will paste the HTML into a sheet lets say sheet 1, it will show
the links, etc. Copy that information from that sheet and paste (paste
special7text)to another sheet "2" and it will be text and useable.

HTH.
cil

"Colin Hayes" wrote in message

Hi All

I'm trying to paste some HTML code from Front Page into the cells in
column A.

I copy the code in Front Page into Word. I copy this and highlight A1 in
excel. Then I open Paste Special and use copy HTML. I don't want Excel to
act on the code , just treat it as text. This is where the problem is :
the lines don't all go into column A , some go as far across as J! How can
I get them to only go down the rows in column A?

The HTML is stepped in shape and maybe that's the cause. I've tried left
justifying to no avail. I've been trying to paste this down the rows
exclusively in A for a long time now and am out of ideas now - can anyone
help? All appreciated.

Best Wishes

Colin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CIL CIL is offline

special7text)to another sheet "2" and it will be text and useable.

oops;
should read "special / text) to another sheet "2" and it will be text with
no HTML."