Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Updating a Date in a Graph Header Field

I would like to have the header on a graph update the date when I
update the spreadsheet. For example, The header reads: "Payments by
Category - August 31, 2006" but the next month when I update the data,
I want it to read: "Payments by Category - September 30, 2006". Can
anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi

Rather than using the chart header, insert a text box with a reference to a
cell, and have the cell work out what date you want to show

eg

Text Box 1 - formula = '=$D$1'

D1 - formula = '="Payments by Category - "&TEXT(EOMONTH(TODAY(),0),"mmmm dd,
yyyy")'

Best rgds
Chris Lav

ups.com...