Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Concaenate formula- text diff lines?

Is there a way to make the CONCATENATE formula put all the text on different
lines? It keeps combining some on the same lines and I want them all on
separate- like a list. Thank you for your help!!

LJoe
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not sure exactly what you are asking, but to concatenate 2 lines is simply,

=concatenate(a1,b1)

Give us an example of what you are asking

"LJoe" wrote:

Is there a way to make the CONCATENATE formula put all the text on different
lines? It keeps combining some on the same lines and I want them all on
separate- like a list. Thank you for your help!!

LJoe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

right click on the cell your CONCATENATE function resides in, click
Format cell, Alignment tab, under text control check Wrap text then
Ok.
hopefully you will get what you want.

--
starguy
starguy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32434

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"LJoe" wrote in message
Is there a way to make the CONCATENATE formula put all the text on
different
lines? It keeps combining some on the same lines and I want them all on
separate- like a list. Thank you for your help!!

=A1&CHAR(10)&B1
or
=CONCATENATE(A1,CHAR(10),B1)

You'll also need:
Format/ Cells/ Alignment/ Wrap text
--
David Biddulph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am combining a3 to a10 with the formula. That is doing what I want it to
do, but I want it to appear in the cell as:

a3
a4
a5...etc like a list.

Right now, I have a3 to a10 all aligned left and all underneath eachother
before I do the concatenate formula. I want it to look like it does now,
just all in one cell. Does that clarify?

"LJoe" wrote:

Is there a way to make the CONCATENATE formula put all the text on different
lines? It keeps combining some on the same lines and I want them all on
separate- like a list. Thank you for your help!!

LJoe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Concatenate formula- text diff lines?

"LJoe" wrote in message
Is there a way to make the CONCATENATE formula put all the text on
different
lines? It keeps combining some on the same lines and I want them all on
separate- like a list. Thank you for your help!!

LJoe

"Wrap Text" may work, but if you include CHAR(10) between lines, it will put
the right stuff on separate lines, e.g.

=CONCATENATE(A1,CHAR(10),A2,CHAR(10),A3,CHAR(10),A 4)

The CHAR(10) is a line feed code...

Beege

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Rita

What date?

Show us a sample of your data and the formula you are using.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP