Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Adding time

I have a list of time spent per call on the phone. It is in the format
0:00:00:00

Where you have days, hours, minutes, seconds

I have trimmed this to hours, minutes and seconds. However when I use the
Sum() function to add some of them up I get the value 0:00:00, if I use the
=A1:A4 option I get a #Value error, but if I go A1+A2+A3 etc... I get the
right answer.

What am I dong wrong? I have set the call format to time, but it doesnt
help. W want to pull the information into a pivot-table but with the sum()
function not working I am having problems.

Can anybody help please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Does this help?

http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqDat.html#AddTime

Can you give an example of where the SUM() time differs from adding
specific cell names?

--
Special-K

Special-K's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7470
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=563695

Adding numbers to a Time Formated cell Browner Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 June 20th 06 03:55 PM
Adding time Ken Davie Excel Worksheet Functions 10 June 5th 06 06:54 PM
what is the formula for adding up time intervals? thinkrabbit Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 4 May 24th 06 06:57 AM
Adding time trucker New Users to Excel 1 November 22nd 05 10:18 PM
adding in time formats rvnwdr Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 May 31st 05 11:38 PM