Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I use more than one value in Conditional Formatting?

I have more than 3 conditions that I would like to apply, is it possible to
use = with OR in conditional formatting?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=if(or(cond1,cond2),true,false) and
if(and(cond1,cond2),true,false)
are definitely acceptable

if you're having a hard time getting your conditions to work just post
what the conditions you're wanting to format are and i'm sure someone
will be able to make it fit into three rules

--
MDubbelboer
MDubbelboer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36330

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have 25 possible values, for five of the values I want to set the
backkground colour to green, for 15 values I want to set the background
colour to blue and for the other 5 I want to leave the background as is.

"MDubbelboer" wrote:

=if(or(cond1,cond2),true,false) and
if(and(cond1,cond2),true,false)
are definitely acceptable

if you're having a hard time getting your conditions to work just post
what the conditions you're wanting to format are and i'm sure someone
will be able to make it fit into three rules

--
MDubbelboer
MDubbelboer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36330
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=563452

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ya, so there's really 2 rules

make rule one
=if(or(cond1,cond2,cond3,cond4,cond4),true,false)
then format-pattern-green

rule 2
=if(or(cond1,...,cond15),true,false)
then format-pattern-blue

from what you've said it seems like your conditions will be pretty
straightforward, so it might be as simple as
=if(or(a1=1,a1=2,a1=3,a1=4,a1=5),true,false)

the only tricky part remaining is to make sure you set your conditional
formatting relative to the active cell. for example if you want to set
the conditional formatting to check the whole sheet for a value of 2.
make a1 the active cell then select the region you want formatted. then
enter the formula as above
if you want to know which value in column a has that value then replace
a1 with $a1. if you want to know which values in the row 1 has that
value replace with a$1.

--
MDubbelboer
MDubbelboer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36330
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=563452

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

This cf plus tool down loaded from
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.....Download.html didn't work in my
work book as I do regularly in the limited 3 conditional format work.

The condition is to work that I use date format like below in my calender

condition 1: if the cell value is between "(today)" and "(n1 number of
days)" then format pattern color should be yellow

condition 2 : if the cell value is between "(today + n1 number of days)"
and "(n2 number of days)" then format pattern color should be green

condition 3 : if the cell value is between "(today + n1 number of days" +
"n2 number of days)" and "(n3 number of days)" then format pattern color
should be pink

condition 4 : if the cell value is between "(today + n1 number of days" +
"n2 number of days + n3 number of days) and "( n4 number of days)" then
format pattern color should be brown

condition 5 : if the cell value is between "(today + n1 number of days" +
"n2 number of days + n3 number of days + n4 number of days)" and "(n5 number
of days)" then format pattern color should be red

....and so on....I need Minimum 10 coditions like same as above

This is not possible. Can you please go through atached file in which I have
used 3 conditonal and guide me to do it in CF PLUS add in?.

Thank you,
- Narnimar