Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I close excell worksheet without closing others still open

When I have two or more spreadsheets open, I cannot close one without closing
all of them. There should be the ability to close each one, either saving or
not saving the data. If you select "cancel" the first one doesn't do
anything.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

John Wrote:
When I have two or more spreadsheets open, I cannot close one without
closing
all of them. There should be the ability to close each one, either
saving or
not saving the data. If you select "cancel" the first one doesn't do
anything.

I can only speak for Excel 2002 and 2003, but if you select the X in
the top right corner, it tries to close all spreadsheets.

Just below it, you should see another X. Click on this one to close
just the current spreadsheet.

Scott

--
Maistrye
Maistrye's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36078

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

John wrote:
When I have two or more spreadsheets open, I cannot close one without closing
all of them. There should be the ability to close each one, either saving or
not saving the data. If you select "cancel" the first one doesn't do
anything.

Hi John

Using Windows?

Then there are two Xs in the top right hand corner, the topmost one
closes the application, the lower one closes the current window (Alt+F4
and Ctrl+F4 respectively do the same jobs).

Regards

Steve