Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default excel protection

Is there a way to protect all of the worksheets at once. When I use the
workbook protection it doesn't do what I need.

It seems the only way I can protect specific cells is to use the sheet
protection and this means one sheet at a time.

Is there anyway to get all of the sheets protected at one time??
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Jeannine Wrote:
Is there a way to protect all of the worksheets at once. When I use
the
workbook protection it doesn't do what I need.

It seems the only way I can protect specific cells is to use the sheet
protection and this means one sheet at a time.

Is there anyway to get all of the sheets protected at one time??

Try using this macro. You can stick it in your Personal.xls, then just
run it whenever you want.

Public Sub ProtectAllSheets()
Dim aWorksheet As Worksheet

For Each aWorksheet In Worksheets
aWorksheet.Protect "YourPassword"
Next aWorksheet

End Sub

If you want, you can add code to prompt you for the password. You can
also set it up so that you can choose when running it whether you want
to protect or unprotect all sheets.

Scott

--
Maistrye