Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default item limit for a combobox?

I have a combobox in a worksheet, and the entries are populated from a list
of 365 items in another area of the worksheet.

Only 354 entries are showing up. I am using a named range to populate the
combobox, and I double-checked that the range is correct.

I'm wondering if there is a limit to the number of entries in a combobox in
Excel, but I haven't found anything in the help files that tells me.

TIA for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Using Excel 2003, I just filled a range with 500 numbers, named the range
"data", and used it to populate 2 comboboxes on the same sheet. One combobox
was created from the Forms toolbar; the other was created from the Controlbox
toolbar. All 500 entries were displayed in each combobox.

Unless you have a different version of Excel and the issue is related to
that, I suggest you check everything again.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"KarenH" wrote:

I have a combobox in a worksheet, and the entries are populated from a list
of 365 items in another area of the worksheet.

Only 354 entries are showing up. I am using a named range to populate the
combobox, and I double-checked that the range is correct.

I'm wondering if there is a limit to the number of entries in a combobox in
Excel, but I haven't found anything in the help files that tells me.

TIA for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I should mention that I'm using Excel 2000. I double-checked everything
again, even blanked it out and redid it, and the same thing is happening.
Can't find anything on the Microsoft website that gives any kind of limit.

"KarenH" wrote:

I have a combobox in a worksheet, and the entries are populated from a list
of 365 items in another area of the worksheet.

Only 354 entries are showing up. I am using a named range to populate the
combobox, and I double-checked that the range is correct.

I'm wondering if there is a limit to the number of entries in a combobox in
Excel, but I haven't found anything in the help files that tells me.

TIA for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am also running xl2000 and I don't have a problem using a named range
either for a Forms combo box or Control Toolbox combo box even if the named
range refers to a different worksheet. If the range involves 500 items then I
see all 500.

I used the following standard dynamic named range formula where cell A1 was
blank and cell A2 contained a header. Below this starting in A3 were the 500
items:
=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$3, 0, 0, COUNTA(Sheet1!$A:$A)-1, 1)

Are you sure about your formula? If you select Edit GoTo and enter the
range name in the Reference list and click OK does it select the entire range?

Regards,
Greg