Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default format cells

I received an excel spreadsheet in which when I do Format/Cells or Ctrl+1
nothing happens. I can copy the data into another spreadsheet and all seems
OK. Any suggestions as to why Format/Cells dow not work on this specic
spreadsheet?

Thank you .

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

No it is not.

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Is the sheet protected?

RD

"ivan" wrote in message
I received an excel spreadsheet in which when I do Format/Cells or Ctrl+1
nothing happens. I can copy the data into another spreadsheet and all

seems
OK. Any suggestions as to why Format/Cells dow not work on this specic
spreadsheet?

Thank you .

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

How did you "receive" it?

Could it be "Read Only", which usually occurs when it's taken from a CD?

RD

"ivan" wrote in message
No it is not.

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Is the sheet protected?

RD

"ivan" wrote in message
I received an excel spreadsheet in which when I do Format/Cells or
Ctrl+1
nothing happens. I can copy the data into another spreadsheet and all

seems
OK. Any suggestions as to why Format/Cells dow not work on this specic
spreadsheet?

Thank you .

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I received in an email, it is not write protected i can changes all I want,
however, Format/Cells does not respond.

"Ragdyer" wrote:

How did you "receive" it?

Could it be "Read Only", which usually occurs when it's taken from a CD?

RD

"ivan" wrote in message
No it is not.

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Is the sheet protected?

RD

"ivan" wrote in message
I received an excel spreadsheet in which when I do Format/Cells or
Ctrl+1
nothing happens. I can copy the data into another spreadsheet and all
seems
OK. Any suggestions as to why Format/Cells dow not work on this specic
spreadsheet?

Thank you .

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry ... I'm out of ideas!

RD

"Ragdyer" wrote:

How did you "receive" it?

Could it be "Read Only", which usually occurs when it's taken from a CD?

RD

"ivan" wrote in message
No it is not.

"Ragdyer" wrote:

Is the sheet protected?

RD

Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may
benefit !