Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Populate current active cell - Help Please!!

Hi folks, I need help in setting up a worksheet column in one workbook so
that when clicked it will open another workbook, take the active cell value
and put it into the selected cell.

O.K., I have the following code in a workbook in Thisworkbook:

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Columns("B:IV").Select
Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = True
Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Offset(1, 0).Select
Selection.Value = Selection.Offset(-1, 0).Value + 1
MsgBox "To copy this number hold the Ctrl and C keys together. The new
number box will buzz. Don't close this page yet. Click on the waiver card tab
at the bottom of the window to open it again. Hold down the Ctrl and V keys
together, the new number will be entered in the new waiver block you first
clicked in. Now you can to bottom of the window and right click the New
Number page and select close: YOU HAVE TO CLOSE THIS BOX FIRST TO START"
ThisWorkbook.Save
End Sub

This automatically generates the next higher number in the next empty cell
whenever the workbook is opened.

This number is needed to input a descrepency number in a different workbook
sheet.

Right now I have the column where these numbers go hyperlinked to the
workbook I use to generate the numbers and the new number in the active cell
is copied and pasted by hand. I'd like to automate it so the number just
appears int he cell clicked.

Since working with closed workbooks is problmatic sometimes, I was trying to
find a way to just add the code into the same workbook as that using the new
number for desrepency reporting, perhaps on an inserted sheet that I can
hide. Any help here? Please??? thanks, larry