Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default cells

Can someone please help me. I just learned how to angle my cells. But once I
type in those cells I lose my lines surrounding the cell. i checked they are
still there (in the formatted cells). but even in print preview they are gone.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
CLR CLR is offline

One way is to......Highlight the cells, then Right-click FormatCells
BorderTab select the borders you wish........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Punkin" wrote:

Can someone please help me. I just learned how to angle my cells. But once I
type in those cells I lose my lines surrounding the cell. i checked they are
still there (in the formatted cells). but even in print preview they are gone.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I have the borders set but once i type in the angled cells the lines are
simply gone from view. It is driving me crazy cause i need the angled cells
with text in them..

but I do thank you for responding and trying to help me. Have a great day!

"Punkin" wrote:

Can someone please help me. I just learned how to angle my cells. But once I
type in those cells I lose my lines surrounding the cell. i checked they are
still there (in the formatted cells). but even in print preview they are gone.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Punkin

Before you get too far along I would like to point something out.

You CANNOT physically angle a cell.

You can angle the text within the cell and apply borders to make the cell look
angled, but the cell itself remains rectangular.

I do not know why you are experiencing the problem with the disappearing
borders.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Punkin" wrote:

Can someone please help me. I just learned how to angle my cells. But once I
type in those cells I lose my lines surrounding the cell. i checked they are
still there (in the formatted cells). but even in print preview they are gone.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you for answering. But on the help guide- under USING ANGLED TEXT AND
BORDERS IN EXCEL it shows a picture of angled cells with text in them. I
figured out how to get an angle look but my cell lines are not there (but
they show they are)