Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default This is kinda urgent. Need help with matrix stuff.

I am trying to find the inverse of a 4x4 matrix in a worksheet, but I
need to find a way to put this matrix on one line. It is very
impractical to use 4 rows to ultimately get back one cell's worth of
information once all is said and done. I need to know how to make an
array that the MINVERSE() function can handle by referring to cells
that are not already in a 2-D array format. I need this info soon,
I've been looking everywhere.

I'm not quite sure how this works, so if an admin answers this, could
they also e-mail it to me? Thank you so much.

--
Betts
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm not sure what you mean by using 4-rows to get information in one
cell. If you're finding inverse then you'll get a square matrix back
and as far as I know you can find inverse of only sqaure matrices. I
assume if you're getting one cell worth of information, you are using
other matrices which are not sqaure, transposing and then multipying
them?

--
a7n9

a7n9's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=32149