Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I link 4 columns to each other

I want to create multiple cells within a cell. Example,
Column 1: Name and Surname , Column 2: Personal Details, Colums 3:
Training Results, Column 4, Test Results
When I clink on Column 1 and select teh name, I automatically want Column
2,3 & 4 to pop up and show me all relevant details .
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

It's not clear to me how you want this to work. Is column 1 cell a Data
Validation, as you say "Click" and select the name and where are the other
details; what you mean by "pop up".

Sorry to be so dim ... but perhaps an sample of data might clarify it (at
least for me!)

"B's Space" wrote:

I want to create multiple cells within a cell. Example,
Column 1: Name and Surname , Column 2: Personal Details, Colums 3:
Training Results, Column 4, Test Results
When I clink on Column 1 and select teh name, I automatically want Column
2,3 & 4 to pop up and show me all relevant details .

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Toppers

Oops, yes I think i did not make it clear enough. Sorry 'bout that. I am
currently sitting with a worksheet of about 30 columns. The problem is, all
of these columns are sort of linked to each other. Meaning, 8 columns have
Personal Details Split up, whereas, if I can put it all into one column and
have sort of a heading and a sub-heading. Hmmmmm... I am not sure if you
would understand what I want. I know what I want but I am finding it
difficult to explain in Words.
Trying again!
Column 1 should have Name and Surname
Column 2 Personal Details (Age, Address, ID Nr, Gender, Race, etc)
Column 3 Training (X, Y, Z Results)
Column 4 Test (1,2,3,4,)

If I example select the name Jenny Jacobs in column 1, then column 2,3 & 4
must automatically reflect all details linked to Jenny.
Hope this makes sense?
I am trying a PIVOT and hope there is an easir option. Is there?????

Thanks
B's Space

"B's Space" wrote:

I want to create multiple cells within a cell. Example,
Column 1: Name and Surname , Column 2: Personal Details, Colums 3:
Training Results, Column 4, Test Results
When I clink on Column 1 and select teh name, I automatically want Column
2,3 & 4 to pop up and show me all relevant details .

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi mate,

Sorry to jump on your thread but I am after the same thing.
Basically I run a Fantasy football league and have a spreadsheet for
people to choose there teams.
When they select a player from a list in column A (player name) I would
like their club and value to appear in columns B & C without them having
to select them separately

Example:
Cech - Chelsea - 4.8 (when they select Cech, Chelsea & 4.8 appear in
cells B & C)

Thanks to anyone that can help.

--
hardyz2
hardyz2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36534

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi hardy

Yes, that is exactly what I want... Hope someone out there can come to our
rescue.
Thanks for making it clearer.

B's Space

"hardyz2" wrote:

Hi mate,

Sorry to jump on your thread but I am after the same thing.
Basically I run a Fantasy football league and have a spreadsheet for
people to choose there teams.
When they select a player from a list in column A (player name) I would
like their club and value to appear in columns B & C without them having
to select them separately

Example:
Cech - Chelsea - 4.8 (when they select Cech, Chelsea & 4.8 appear in
cells B & C)

Thanks to anyone that can help.

--
hardyz2
hardyz2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=36534
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=562807

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I will point you to a valuable source of assistance on the VLOOKUP function and
examples of its use.

Debra Dalgleish has instructions, examples and downloadable workbook.

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlFunctions02.html

You may also want to explore the use of Data Validation drop-down list to pick
your item from.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP