Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Creating track on map from position data

Hello

My dear training app Endomondo was unfortunately discontinued
01.01.2021. I have recieved my data for the last 8 years of training
from Endomondo as a JSON and a XML-file for each workout. Each set of
data contains the same set of data, just different coding, JSON and
XML.
I have managed to transfer the workout data from JSON to Excel via VB.
That is the data for time, distance, dates, speed etc, but the files
also contains position data for each second of the workout. So it
should be possible to extract each point of posistion and draw the
track on a map. I have no Idea where to start with this, except of
course for extracting the position data. It would be great if someone
could point me in a direction to solve this.
Here is a clip for the beginning of one of the JSON files:
[
{"sport": "CYCLING_SPORT"},
{"source": "IMPORT_GARMIN_PUSH_API"},
{"created_date": "2020-12-16 14:37:24.0"},
{"start_time": "2020-12-16 13:29:50.0"},
{"end_time": "2020-12-16 14:28:01.0"},
{"duration_s": 3491.825},
{"distance_km": 22.28168},
{"calories_kcal": 541},
{"altitude_min_m": -8.6},
{"altitude_max_m": 64.8},
{"heart_rate_avg_bpm": 129},
{"heart_rate_max_bpm": 166},
{"speed_avg_kmh": 22.971955352859897},
{"speed_max_kmh": 44.5392},
{"ascend_m": 233},
{"descend_m": 224},
{"points": [
[
{"location": [[
{"latitude": 58.14608858898282},
{"longitude": 8.056828156113625}
]]},
{"altitude": 53.8},
{"heart_rate_bpm": 101},
{"distance_km": 0.00771},
{"speed_kmh": 26.9388},
{"timestamp": "Wed Dec 16 13:29:50 UTC 2020"}
],
[
{"location": [[
{"latitude": 58.14601809717715},
{"longitude": 8.056804267689586}
]]},
{"altitude": 53.8},
{"heart_rate_bpm": 101},
{"distance_km": 0.01567},
{"speed_kmh": 27.6444},
{"timestamp": "Wed Dec 16 13:29:51 UTC 2020"}
],

In case you wonder: I started using Garmin Connect as my Training app
2 years ago, but had the Garmin app automatically forward the data to
Endomondo. That is why you in the excerpt from the file see the source
as "Garmin_Push_API". I also imported all the Endomondo data to Garmin
Connect. So I actually have everything in Garmin Connect, but Garmin
Connect is very, very bad at history and statistics. Therefore my
attempt to find another way of using the data.

Best regards
--
Jesper Kaas -