Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Recording a VBA Macro from keystrokes

Trying to learn VBA for Excel 2007. It would help if a macro could be recorded from typing:

alt + LTRST

This results, when done "by hand" in the starting of an app in Excel.

I've tried to record this but no code results from it. Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Trying to learn VBA for Excel 2007. It would help if a macro could be
recorded from typing:

alt + LTRST

This results, when done "by hand" in the starting of an app in Excel.

I've tried to record this but no code results from it. Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

What "app in Excel"?
If it's a menuitem then use its "CommandBars("name").Control.Execute" method.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Tuesday, November 12, 2019 at 5:44:53 PM UTC-6, GS wrote:
Trying to learn VBA for Excel 2007. It would help if a macro could be
recorded from typing:

alt + LTRST

This results, when done "by hand" in the starting of an app in Excel.

I've tried to record this but no code results from it. Any suggestions?

Many thanks.

What "app in Excel"?
If it's a menuitem then use its "CommandBars("name").Control.Execute" method.

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Thanks for replying. I have an item on Excel 2007 menu bar named "EZ B". Clicking on it produces another menu bar under it, and to get what I need I click the button "Start" on this second menu bar.

It would be very helpful if you would post the script to replicate this result from a VB macro.

Thanks again for helping me out.

Could
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

[...]

Excel 2007 doesn't have a menubar; - it has Ribbon tabs. If you are saying you
have an installed addin running that shows a menu on the Addins tab rather than
uses its own Ribbon tab then you need that menu's name or its ID. So... what's
the name of the addin? Can you access its code in the VBE?

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 2:47:05 PM UTC-6, GS wrote:
[...]

Thanks again Garry. The row of drop-down buttons across the top of workbook reads

Data Review Page Layout Formulas Data Review View Exx EMS

Exx is an installed app designed to work with Excel.

When one clicks on Exx EMS an new row of buttons appears below, the first of which reads "Start". Clicking on it starts the app, which is what I need.

I can access VBA and set up the script. I just don't know the VBA commands to do what I want.

Thanks again for helping me out.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks again Garry. The row of drop-down buttons across the top of workbook
reads

Data Review Page Layout Formulas Data Review View Exx EMS

Exx is an installed app designed to work with Excel.

When one clicks on Exx EMS an new row of buttons appears below, the first of
which reads "Start". Clicking on it starts the app, which is what I need.

I can access VBA and set up the script. I just don't know the VBA commands
to do what I want.

Thanks again for helping me out.

Ok, so it's an addin that provides its own tab on the Ribbon!

VBA will require some way to execute whatever code you have, so how exactly do
you want this to work?

Why do you want an alternative way to start the app when it gives you an easy
way already?

Why not just give existing menuitem a keyboard shortcut (if xlam)?

A good source for how to access Ribbon menus is here...

http://www.rondebruin.nl/win/section2.htm

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Wednesday, November 13, 2019 at 4:11:50 PM UTC-6, GS wrote:
Thanks again Garry. The row of drop-down buttons across the top of workbook
reads

Data Review Page Layout Formulas Data Review View Exx EMS

Exx is an installed app designed to work with Excel.

When one clicks on Exx EMS an new row of buttons appears below, the first of
which reads "Start". Clicking on it starts the app, which is what I need.

I can access VBA and set up the script. I just don't know the VBA commands
to do what I want.

Thanks again for helping me out.

Ok, so it's an addin that provides its own tab on the Ribbon!

VBA will require some way to execute whatever code you have, so how exactly do
you want this to work?

Why do you want an alternative way to start the app when it gives you an easy
way already?

You are right of course. I was just looking for a little additional automation, to do it via auto_open when I start Excel.

Why not just give existing menuitem a keyboard shortcut (if xlam)?

One is available via alt_{various letters). I can certainly use that.

A good source for how to access Ribbon menus is here...

http://www.rondebruin.nl/win/section2.htm

I will look up the source you sent me.

Thanks, Garry, for taking time to help me out.