Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
GS[_6_] GS[_6_] is offline

Default Recording a VBA Macro from keystrokes

Thanks again Garry. The row of drop-down buttons across the top of workbook
reads

Data Review Page Layout Formulas Data Review View Exx EMS

Exx is an installed app designed to work with Excel.

When one clicks on Exx EMS an new row of buttons appears below, the first of
which reads "Start". Clicking on it starts the app, which is what I need.

I can access VBA and set up the script. I just don't know the VBA commands
to do what I want.

Thanks again for helping me out.

Ok, so it's an addin that provides its own tab on the Ribbon!

VBA will require some way to execute whatever code you have, so how exactly do
you want this to work?

Why do you want an alternative way to start the app when it gives you an easy
way already?

Why not just give existing menuitem a keyboard shortcut (if xlam)?

A good source for how to access Ribbon menus is here...

http://www.rondebruin.nl/win/section2.htm

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!