Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Trouble sending email via VBA using specific account

Hi,

I'm using Office (Outlook) 365 on Windows 7, and I've got the code to
send an email using VBA, and it works just fine. However, I want to
be able to send from a specific generic group account to which I have
access. I've read Ron de Bruin's site, and I've got the line of code
shown below in my macro.

..SendUsingAccount = OutApp.Session.Accounts.Item(2)

Also according to the site, I need to ensure I have referenced the
Microsoft Outlook Object Library, which I have also done.

And according to Ron's site, some users using Office 2013 have
reported removing the .Item has helped. This has not worked for me.

I've doubled checked which account the generic account is using Ron's
code, and it's account #2. But, the code still always sends from my
account, even if I have the generic account set to send as default
(which seems strange to me). As I said, the code does send the email
just fine, but it's just not sending from the account I specify, which
probably has something to do with Office 365. Any thoughts? Thank
you!

Frank