Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel Tables - extracting data

I am using Excel 2007, and I have a large table of data. I have many unique values with corresponding information; student I.D. numbers and test scores. I have multiple lines with the same student i.d., but with test results from multiple dates. I may have up to 50 rows with the same student i.d., but different test scores. I am trying to use some kind of lookup function in order to extract only the data that corresponds to the student i.d. number that I want.

I am using this data to create a chart, and have a sheet with the cells set up so that all I have to do is enter the data, but I am having a tough time getting the data out of the table and into the sheet that creates the chart. I have tried using IF functions, and they retrieve the data, but they do not place it at the top of the sheet like I need it to. Is there any way to extract the data and copy it to another sheet that my chart will read from?

Is there any lookup function or VB coding that may help me in my endeavors? I am stumped. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Perhaps you could re-arrange your data so there's only 1 row per
student record for all scores. For example, look here for
"StudentGradesManager.xls"...

https://app.box.com/s/23yqum8auvzx17h04u4f

--
Garry