Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Deferred row deepening

I run Excel 2003.
I have a script, whose action puzzles me.
The data on which it operates is provided to me and I have no access to
the author.
Row 9 is changed from 17 pixels deep to 68 pixels deep "asynchronously".
If I step through the code, I find the line at which the change is
displayed. The displaying line affects row 8.
If I stop at an earlier point and save changes, I find the change has
been made, when I reopen the file.
Application.ScreenUpdating is True.
I use stops to probe and find the changing line:
Stop ' ok here
Columns(1).ColumnWidth = 5 ' ~ 40 pixels
Stop 'US here

wrap text is set for A9. The required depth to manage that is 34 pixels.
With old "working" data, wrap text is not set.
So I have a diagnosis on why the row depth changes.

I have no understanding on why the change is not immediately effective.
Unfortunately, there is too much data and code to post.
I would value thoughts.
--
Walter Briscoe
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi,

did you try a restart of your computer to see if the problem gone?
may be you can have a look on windows task manager then look on perform system.

isabellle