Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default using dhRichClient3 across a LAN

I have used dhRichClient3 with sqlite locally on my PC for several projects, with huge success. I need to now have multiple users hit a database. There's not real record locking issues as the users will only be editing records that are related to their own IDs, i.e. should never have two users trying to edit the same record. There will be under 300 users.

Again, it works great on my local machine, but when i copy the database file to our network, i get the following error.

-2147221504
Cannot open Database, too much locking-traffic on the DB-File currently

There's no one else trying to hit the database, only me.

I have a fast approaching deadline on this, so any help would be great.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Never mind. I'm an idiot. my path was wrong
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Never mind. I'm an idiot. my path was wrong

Congrats on finding the problem! FYI Olaf's latest version of the
dhRichClient components is available here...

http://www.vbrichclient.com/#/en/About/

--
Garry

Classic VB Users Regroup!