Junior Member

Post Combo boxes in excel

I have a question about combo boxes in excel
A B C D E
1 Megan Davis Convention Center p49 fig 2
2 Daily Meeting Room Rates
3 Code Meeting Room Advance Rate Standard Rate Special Rate
4 AU Auditorium $2,418.75 $2,925.00 $1,735.00
5 BD Boardroom $1,912.50 $2,550.00 $1,330.00
6 CF Conference Center $2,475.00 $3,200.00 $1,900.00

My work is to create three combox list under formal control tab
The first combox list named as Meeting room type includes: Auditorium, Boardroom, Conference Center
The second combox list named as Roomrate includes: Advance Rate, Standard Rate, Special Rate
The last one named Days includes: 1,2,3,4,5

After creating these combo box. I have to calculate the total charge based one what type, room, and day that customer pick

I am using Vlookup and nestif to do that but it show me the false value.
Please help me with this one
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Combo boxes in excel

Hi
See the link attached.
It's a sample file with Active X Combobox.
http://cjoint.com/?3CmoGepuW1i
HTH
John
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Am Wed, 12 Mar 2014 00:38:15 +0000 schrieb trangnguyen:

1 Megan Davis Convention Center p49 fig 2
2 Daily Meeting Room Rates
3 Code Meeting Room Advance Rate Standard Rate Special Rate
4 AU Auditorium $2,418.75 $2,925.00
$1,735.00
5 BD Boardroom $1,912.50 $2,550.00
$1,330.00
6 CF Conference Center $2,475.00 $3,200.00 $1,900.00

I would try it with dependent data validation.
Have a look:
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=9378A...121822A3%21326
for the workbook "RoomRates"

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Busch View Post
Hi,

Am Wed, 12 Mar 2014 00:38:15 +0000 schrieb trangnguyen:

1 Megan Davis Convention Center p49 fig 2
2 Daily Meeting Room Rates
3 Code Meeting Room Advance Rate Standard Rate Special Rate
4 AU Auditorium $2,418.75 $2,925.00
$1,735.00
5 BD Boardroom $1,912.50 $2,550.00
$1,330.00
6 CF Conference Center $2,475.00 $3,200.00 $1,900.00

I would try it with dependent data validation.
Have a look:
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=9378A...121822A3%21326
for the workbook "RoomRates"

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
Thanks you so much for spending time to help me. It works perfectly!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Am Wed, 12 Mar 2014 18:59:41 +0000 schrieb trangnguyen:

Thanks you so much for spending time to help me. It works perfectly!

always glad to help.
Please have another look in OneDrive. I improved the table a little bit.

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2

Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trangnguyen View Post
Thanks you so much for spending time to help me. It works perfectly!
I have another question if you dont mind to answer. Is it different if I use the combo box under formal control and to use Vlookup and nestif to write the formula. I dont want to use VBA
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claus Busch View Post
Hi,

Am Wed, 12 Mar 2014 00:38:15 +0000 schrieb trangnguyen:

1 Megan Davis Convention Center p49 fig 2
2 Daily Meeting Room Rates
3 Code Meeting Room Advance Rate Standard Rate Special Rate
4 AU Auditorium $2,418.75 $2,925.00
$1,735.00
5 BD Boardroom $1,912.50 $2,550.00
$1,330.00
6 CF Conference Center $2,475.00 $3,200.00 $1,900.00

I would try it with dependent data validation.
Have a look:
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=9378A...121822A3%21326
for the workbook "RoomRates"

Regards
Claus B.
--
Win XP PRof SP2 / Vista Ultimate SP2
Office 2003 SP2 /2007 Ultimate SP2
HOW CAN I TRY IT WITH COMBO BOX UNDER FORM CONTROL AND USE VLOOKUP, NESTIF TO FIND THE TOTAL?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Am Wed, 12 Mar 2014 22:16:56 +0000 schrieb trangnguyen:

I have another question if you dont mind to answer. Is it different if I
use the combo box under formal control and to use Vlookup and nestif to
write the formula. I dont want to use VBA

my solution works without VBA
You can use format controls and write a formula that refers to the
LinkedCell

Regards
Claus B.