Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Adjust cell size for long strings?

Suppose users type text notes in cell A1. The initial dimensions of
cell A1 are 30 pixels (height) by 500 pixels (width).

Is it possible to configure cell A1 to grow (or shrink) such that the
entire text note is clearly visible within the cell? So, if the user types
a long paragraph (such as 160 characters or more) I need to perfectly
increase the cell height so that all text is visible. Also, if the long
text
is deleted and replaced with a short sentence then I need to resize
the cell back to the default 30 x 500 size.

I'd appreciate some pointers to get me started in the right direction.
Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Adjust cell size for long strings? (wrap text)

I guess you can ignore my previous post. All I needed to do was
set the "Wrap text" property of the cell.

Duh! haha

Long Strings Trevor Shuttleworth Excel Programming 2 December 16th 06 02:19 AM
Long Strings Trevor Shuttleworth Excel Programming 2 December 12th 06 03:24 AM
Long Strings PapaDos Excel Programming 3 December 12th 06 03:07 AM
Long Strings PapaDos Excel Programming 0 December 12th 06 01:54 AM
adjust the range in a long column of formulas to accomodate new da Shannon Excel Worksheet Functions 2 August 11th 06 11:00 PM