Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default converting csv to qif

On Saturday, October 6, 2001 5:54:24 PM UTC+1, John Pollard wrote:
Can someone show me how I can convert stock price data in a file in csv
format to QIF format?

The input data would look like this:
4-Oct-01,47.50,48.37,47.36,47.43,2134700

and the output format would look like this:
"INTU",47.43,"10/4/01"

Output data:
1.) the "INTU" is the stock ticker symbol and will be entered by the
user upon opening the csv file and will be different each time an input
file is opened.
2.) the 47.43 is the price and comes from the next to last csv field
3.) the "10/4/01" is the date and comes from the first csv field

There will be a header record in the input that must be ignored (not
part of the output).
It will also probably be necessary to create an additional output record
for each input record - this additional record would just contain a "^"
in the first column.

When I finish, I want the output file to be capable of being imported
directly into Quicken. TIA.

--
Remove "nixthespam." to reply

use iCreateOFX Investment from http://icreateofx.co.uk/invest.php to convert your stock/brokerage data csv file to QIF and / or OFX.