Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Search Sheet Names Across Excel Files

I have two excel files TableA.xlsx(http://www1.zippyshare.com/v/99115783/file.html) and Student.xlsx (http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/88884922/file.html)

I have to query data from TableA.xlsx and populate it in Student.xlsx

I am doing the following in Student.xlsx:

Birth Date is entered and then Test Date is entered. Age is calculated as TestDate - BirthDate. Up till here it is Done

Since the Age is 6.9 in our example (plz see Student.xlsx), I want to query that sheet in TableA.xlsx in which the Age falls into the range, Eg: for 6.9, lookup the range 6.8.0_7.1.30, i.e. 2nd sheet of TableA.xlsx

How do I do it? One way I know is to use lookup but these are two different excel files. How to take this Age and search excel sheet names to find the right one.