Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Worksheet sorting code/technique advise

On Wednesday, August 7, 2013 11:20:01 AM UTC-7, GS wrote:
I don't mind being mentioned as code source credit. I appreciate the

feedback, though, and glad you got it working. I figured the issue was

the very late hour you were still going at it. Happens to me more than

I can count.

So then.., you would have no problem adding SortRows() to your arsenal

of reusable procedures by simply modifying the SortCols() routine!

Right??

Strange of you to mention that. I just minutes ago poster to the OP with the just finished workbook link and did indeed make a note that it does not sort rows.

I occurred to me, but I felt compelled to "let the dust settle" before mentioning it.

It really does make good sense to be able to do both, I think. And within the same code you have just written. Yes, indeed.

Howard

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

[...]

My thoughts are to load a userform in the event code that depicts rows
(if any) and/or cols (if any) with existing sort criteria for both
already loaded into textboxes for editing. This could also be used as a
preferences/settings/options dialog with that data stored on a hidden
sheet.

--
Garry

Free uenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org
Classic VB Users Regroup
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

My thoughts are to load a userform in the event code that depicts rows

(if any) and/or cols (if any) with existing sort criteria for both

already loaded into textboxes for editing. This could also be used as a

preferences/settings/options dialog with that data stored on a hidden

sheet.

Garry

Anxious to see it. Looks like new ground again for me. Userform/textbox stuff.

Done a little but largely a mystery to me.

Howard
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

My thoughts are to load a userform in the event code that depicts rows

(if any) and/or cols (if any) with existing sort criteria for both

already loaded into textboxes for editing. This could also be used as a

preferences/settings/options dialog with that data stored on a hidden

sheet.

Garry

Anxious to see it. Looks like new ground again for me. Userform/textbox
stuff.

Done a little but largely a mystery to me.

Howard

I've already started! I'll email you the project when it's done but
don't be in a rush because it's happening in my spare time...

--
Garry

Free uenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org
Classic VB Users Regroup