Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default QueryTable inserts empty column?

I have a table with a lookup key in column 1, and a variety of data in other columns. One of these is empty, and I'm trying to populate it with data from a local DB.

I'm making up some SQL, using QueryTables.add, and returning the results into a cell in the empty column. All of this works fine - the data is being returned correctly.

However, it is also inserting a new blank column into the sheet. I have line numbers and column headers turned off, and there's nothing in the new column.

Any ideas?