Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Problem with multilingual VBA Programming

Hi Experts,

I have created a Excel model. Which is going to be used in various countries.

we are facing problem dealing with various languages. eg. While using my model in Germany its giving garbage output. because of language settings on German machine. They have office 2010 version with German language.

Please suggest me how to deal with such problem. Or is there any solution to deal with this issue
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Amol J wrote:

I have created a Excel model. Which is going to be used in various
countries.

we are facing problem dealing with various languages. eg. While using my
model in Germany its giving garbage output. because of language settings
on German machine. They have office 2010 version with German language.

Please suggest me how to deal with such problem. Or is there any
solution to deal with this issue

There's always a solution. The question is, will any solution work for *you*?

Post your code. If you can, indicate where crashes are happening.

--
Microsoft MVP: Format
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On 07/02/2013 08:39, Amol J wrote:
Hi Experts,

I have created a Excel model. Which is going to be used in various countries.

we are facing problem dealing with various languages. eg. While using my model in Germany its giving garbage output. because of language settings on German machine. They have office 2010 version with German language.

What sort of garbage? The annoying things I have encountered are usually
a few important keywords used for indexing have local translated names
which can cause "not found" chaos if you use them.

Please suggest me how to deal with such problem. Or is there any solution to deal with this issue

Avoid using keywords that are localised in international versions or if
you must use them have a list of keyword vs language(s) you support.
Various places offer tools for more complete localisation:

http://www.sobolsoft.com/excelenglishgerman/

(not a recommendation - never tried it)

If you gave a more specific example it would be possible to comment on
why it is going wrong. ISTR "Chart" and "Sheet" can get localised. So if
you create a new sheet it can end up being called something odd.

Martin Brown
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Amol J wrote:
Hi Experts,

I have created a Excel model. Which is going to be used in various countries.

we are facing problem dealing with various languages. eg. While using my model in Germany its giving garbage output. because of language settings on German machine. They have office 2010 version with German language.

Please suggest me how to deal with such problem. Or is there any solution to deal with this issue

Please post your code.
It is hard to say what does not work without that.
There are some minor problems with localized versions of office but 99%
of code works fine with them.