Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default select all cell containing any formula and not text or number

Using Excel 2003, I need to apply protection/formatting to all cells
with any formula in them and not to cells containing text or numbers.

How can I do that (with or without VBA programming)?

Thanks for any info.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming

"charles" wrote:
Using Excel 2003, I need to apply protection/formatting to all cells
with any formula in them and not to cells containing text or numbers.
How can I do that (with or without VBA programming)?

Your subject line suggestions all you need to know is how to select the
cells.

Press ctrl+G or F5 or click on Edit / GoTo, then click on Special to select
the type of formulas that you want to select.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Mon, 07 Jan 2013 18:51:08 +0000, charles
wrote:

Using Excel 2003, I need to apply protection/formatting to all cells
with any formula in them and not to cells containing text or numbers.

How can I do that (with or without VBA programming)?

Thanks for any info.

I found that I could do Goto/Special which seems to accomplish the
above. (Discovered this about 12 seconds after hitting the return key to
post the original msg.)