Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default combo box

i have a spreadsheet that has 3 worksheets, on each worksheet there is
a combo box, all 3 combo boxes are linked to the same range of data
with the same linked cell. some times I enter a value into the linked
cell manually, i then want this value to be displayed in the combo box
even though i do not wish this to be selected from a list.

When I change the valu in the linked cell manually and i go to sheet 1
i can see the value displayed in the combox box, however i cannot see
it in sheets 2 and 3, just the last selection that was made from those
combos

any help greatly recieved
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Thursday, October 4, 2012 2:31:37 AM UTC-7, (unknown) wrote:
i have a spreadsheet that has 3 worksheets, on each worksheet there is a combo box, all 3 combo boxes are linked to the same range of data with the same linked cell. some times I enter a value into the linked cell manually, i then want this value to be displayed in the combo box even though i do not wish this to be selected from a list. When I change the valu in the linked cell manually and i go to sheet 1 i can see the value displayed in the combox box, however i cannot see it in sheets 2 and 3, just the last selection that was made from those combos any help greatly recieved

Just to clarify... when the linked cell is modified manually, you want the combo boxes to hold only this value? or do you still want it to hold the reference lists as well? If you do not change the linked cell manually, how do the combo boxes get their values? Your questions is a little confusing...

From what I gather you may want to enter an eventchange code into the sheet that has the linked cell to modify the values of the combo boxes in all three sheets.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Oct 5, 3:04*pm, Matthew Dyer wrote:
[...]

From what I gather you may want to enter an eventchange code into the sheet that has the linked cell to modify the values of the combo boxes in all three sheets.

Yea was a bit confusing sorry, basically i have 3 comboboxes all with
the same range and linked cell, if i select a different value from
when of the boxes, i want that value displayed in the others, it works
on 2 of them but not all 3, i cannot see why not

thanks