Junior Member

Default Trying to work smarter, not harder

Hello - I have been using excel for a while now but haven't taken the step to use the programming features. I have a need to use some advanced techniques but can't figure it out.

I have a chart set up like so

Heading 1 Heading 2 Amount

sort 1------sort a----------#
sort 1------sort a----------#
sort 1------sort b----------#
sort 2------sort c----------#

...etc.

What I'd like to do is run a program to sum all like Heading 1 - Heading 2 combinations and consolidate the chart. I remember back 10 yrs ago in my Qbasic and C++ classes that you could do it but don't remember how I did it and don't know how excel programming works. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi Richard,

i think that SUMPRODUCT function is appropriate for this problem,
look here : http://excel.bigresource.com/Using-S...-GbExuwXI.html

--
isabelle