Junior Member

Default Copy colored cell to a second page

Okay, I have revamped a spreadsheet at work where we keep track of our employees time, two weeks at a time. On page 1, I have all of the employees in alphabetical order. The second page, they are grouped together by what job they are doing. On page 1, I color the cells depending on what kind of time is put in: vacation, OT, etc... I have figured out how to get all the cells on page one to copy over to page two, but the cell color does not copy over. How can I get the cells on page 2 to change color as I change the color of the employee's time on page 1? I am not too familiar with programming, so if I have to enter a formula, you are going to have to spell it out for me.

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Instead of coloring the cells directly, try using a code for the kind of
time, e.g. 1 for vacation, 2 for OT etc.

Then use conditional formatting.

--
Sriram