Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Why do charts disappear?

I seem to have amazing disappearing Excel charts and I need to find
out how to prevent them from disappearing.

My process starts in Access. A VBA procedure in Access opens an Excel
workbook as a template in the background. Data is plugged into a
worksheet named "Data." Then Access calls a macro in the Excel
template workbook which changes SERIES formulas for four different
charts on four different worksheets. Then the program updates the
colors on the bars of the bar charts. Once that's done, Access saves
the template as a finished report and makes the workbook visible.

The problem is that when the Excel workbook becomes visible the charts
are invisible. I can find the frame of the chart but the contents are
totally blank.

However, when I close the workbook and re-open it the charts are
there, and they're perfect.

Do I need to run a VBA command like a Refresh or Requery or Repaint or
something like that to make the charts appear without having to close
and re-open the workbook?

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Another handy line to put in when updating graphics is
DoEvents

put this in after your chart update code. Not saying it will work, but
I find it can force graphics to update more often than not.
regards
Paul

On May 1, 2:03*am, septimus wrote:
[...]

Junior Member

Cool

Do I need to run a VBA command like a Refresh or Requery or Repaint or
something like that to make the charts appear without having to close
and re-open the workbook?

same thing happens to my 2 linked xlsx workbooks.... (1 for chart & 1 for data).
It's like two opposite hands, one is "close" for the other to open-view the chart..
quite intriguing..

:-")