Junior Member

Default Find, Copy files and Paste in new destination

I need help coming up with a macro that you can search for files that match a certain criteria that may be in various folders/locations, copy them, and then paste into a new destination.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Daniel C wrote:

I need help coming up with a macro that you can search for files that
match a certain criteria that may be in various folders/locations, copy
them, and then paste into a new destination.

It depends in part upon the criteria. Expand upon "certain criteria" and
you'll get a more meaningful answer.

--
I hope you're at least getting some amusement
out of this waste of bandwidth.
Junior Member

The company that I work for has standard drawing files in different locations. For instance, there are different folders for Schematic files, Panel Layout files, Label Files, etc. The drawings could all begin with a number like: 278200_.dwg. I would like to have a macro built to look up all of the files that meet the criteria of "278200" in all of the different folders, and then paste them into a new destination (Project folder). The parent folder of the project would be something like: W47100012, and then the subfolders would be:
Cable Diagrams
HMI
Labels
Panel Layout
PLC
Schematics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auric__ View Post
Daniel C wrote:

I need help coming up with a macro that you can search for files that
match a certain criteria that may be in various folders/locations, copy
them, and then paste into a new destination.

It depends in part upon the criteria. Expand upon "certain criteria" and
you'll get a more meaningful answer.

--
I hope you're at least getting some amusement
out of this waste of bandwidth.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You might want to take a look at a software specifically designed to
manage CAD files named PDMWorks. I use it with SolidWorks but I'm sure
it's available as stand-alone.

--
Garry

ClassicVB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Junior Member

Thank you. I will ask someone here who uses Solidworks if they have that and how it works. We might still need a macro in Excel, however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS[_2_] View Post
You might want to take a look at a software specifically designed to
manage CAD files named PDMWorks. I use it with SolidWorks but I'm sure
it's available as stand-alone.

--
Garry

ClassicVB Users Regroup!
comp.lang.basic.visual.misc
microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi Daniel,

http://www.excelabo.net/trucs/filesearch07

to make the copy file

FileCopy Source, Cible

--
isabelle

Le 2012-04-26 17:06, Daniel C a écrit :
Thank you. I will ask someone here who uses Solidworks if they have
that and how it works. We might still need a macro in Excel, however.

'GS[_2_ Wrote:
;1601209']You might want to take a look at a software specifically
designed to
manage CAD files named PDMWorks. I use it with SolidWorks but I'm sure
it's available as stand-alone.

--
Garry

ClassicVB Users Regroup!